As a non-profit organisation, WORD’s mission is to develop children and youth into passionate, lifelong mountain bikers, and encourage self-confidence, community involvement, and an adventurous spirit. We deliver organised mountain biking activities to youth (7-17 year olds) through after school programmes, holiday camps and events.
While the current programme fee for the after school programmes ($210/term) is comparable to other after school activities, we realise that this fee is far out of reach for many families. The WORD Scholarship Fund powered by Flick Electric Co aims to take away the financial barrier of participating in these fun after school programmes. We will select 25 kids to receive FREE registrations for 2 Terms (Term 4 2018 and Term 1 2019) to our after school MTB programmes!
Wainuiomata MTB Park (end of Waiu Street)
Tuesdays: 7-9yr olds (co-ed)
Wednesdays: 10-12yr old (co-ed)
Porirua- Meeting at Spicer Botanic Park
Mondays: 7-9yr olds (co-ed)
Tuesdays: 10-12yr old girls only
Wednesdays: 10-12yr old boys only
*Term 4 2018 starts 23 October
- Complete the Summer 2018/2019 Scholarship Application
- Be a student from a Wellington Region or Porirua school
- Have a passion for mountain biking
- Demonstrate an ability to currently ride a bike with enthusiasm for learning to get better
- Be able to provide a written recommendation from a teacher/coach
- Be willing to report back to school assembly or class to talk about the experience.
- Committed to attending WORD for Term 4 2018 and Term 1 2019
Please complete the Summer 2018/2019 Application and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post:
WORD (c/o Suz Press)
146 Darlington Road
Miramar, Wellington 6022
Deadline for Summer 2018/2019: 18 September (applicants will be notified by 21 September)