Garage Project, 7 Marion Street
Bring any pre loved bikes and bike bits to sell! This is the perfect way to pass on your kid’s (or your own) bikes that are a bit too small and make a bit of cash too! Gold coin entry to the sale. Everyone is welcome to bring items….the more the merrier!
This year we are stoked to run the event alongside Wellington City Council, Garage Project, Bicycle Junction and Rebicycle!
10-11am: Drop stuff off (give yourself time to fill out the registration forms)
11.30-1pm: The Great Bike Swap is open to the public!
1-1.30pm: Collect unsold items of cash from sold items
***Volunteers WANTED: 9.30-11.30am and 11.30-1.30pm
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are keen. You will be paid in baked goodies and will have first dibs on gear!
How it works
Sunday 10-11am: Bring your bikes and bike bits to Garage Project, Marion St
Fill out an item card, choose how much you want to sell the items for, pop price on a tag that you attach to the item, and place your goods on the tables. Tags cost $0.50/each. There will be heaps of WORD volunteers to help you out. If you are a bike shop, or just have a whole bunch of stuff, you can book a stall right here (or on the day)
Sunday 11.30am-1pm: Shop! (please bring cash)
Sunday 1-1.30pm: Pick up cash from sold goods and any unsold items
*Any items or cash not collected by 1.30pm on Sunday will be considered a donation to Rebicycle
1. Why does 20% of the sales go to WORD? We are a non profit organisation that relies on participant fees and outside funding. We are currently raising funds to keep our adventures going! We also have a ‘WORD Scholarship Fund’. This scholarship fund will provide kids with an opportunity to mountain bike that might have otherwise been too financially difficult.
2. What kind of equipment can I bring? If it is bike related, you can try and sell it. Commonly sold items are: mountain bikes, road bikes, kids bikes, cruisers, shocks, wheels, components, bike shoes, pedals, helmets, pumps, bike packs, jerseys, bike tools, bike racks, and anything that gets pulled behind a bike.
3. How do I get my gear that does not sell? All unsold gear can easily be picked up from the same location Sunday from 1-1.30pm
4. How much does it cost to get into the swap? Gold coin donation.
5. Who prices the gear? You do, but we have volunteers from bike shops and the bike industry that can help
6. Can I bring gear any other time than Sunday 10-11am? Sorry, but we can only accept gear during this time.
7. How long does it take to check in gear? You can be in and out of there in 20 minutes if you are selling less than 10 items.
8. Do I have to pick up my unsold gear Sunday from 1-1.30pm? Yes, all items not picked up Sunday are considered permanent donations to Rebicycle.
9. Do you except donated items? Of course! In fact, this is the easiest way to drop off gear. Bring all donated gear to the “Donated Gear” table and we will take it from there!
10. How can I pay for my sweet new goods? We only take cash 🙂
11. I have heaps of stuff! Awesome check out our stall options ($50)
11. I did not get my question answered, who do I contact? Ash- email: email@example.com or ph. 021 026 48153