WORD is a registered Non-Profit Organisation (NZ Charity Number CC50833) all about encouraging kids to enjoy mountain biking! In 2013 WORD was founded with the mission to build confidence, encourage new friendships, and foster a lifelong love of mountain biking.
1. Increase the number of children and youth that participate in mountain biking.
2. Establish a network of trained people and quality resources to support the delivery of mountain biking training, events, and activities to youth
3. Coordinate youth focused mountain bike events in the Wellington Region that are fun and allow opportunity for competition
4. Provide a clear pathway for youth to local and national mountain bike events and clubs
5. Develop confident, happy, adventurous and respectful young people
Ashley Peters coordinates the everyday running of WORD. Her extensive background in teaching and MTB instruction include: PMBI Level 2 MTB Instructor, BikeNZ Mountain Bike Coach, NZQA Cycle Skills Instructor, Co-Author, BikeNZ Introduction to MTB for youth, Postgraduate in Education, and cofounder, Revolve Cycling Club. She was put her on this planet to bring some sunshine, we’re just lucky it comes in the form of mountain biking and baked goodies.